Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

HTML Minify

5 Posts   2260 Views

Tonyair

Community Member, 81 Posts

25 September 2010 at 12:16am

Hi guys, I have added HtmlMinify class to silverstripe, just open sapphire/core/HTTPResponse.php and replace line 199: echo $this->body with:

line 199: require_once('thirdparty/minify/HTML.php');
line 200: echo Minify_HTML::minify($this->body);

cobianzo

Community Member, 8 Posts

11 October 2010 at 7:23am

just note that it's not
sapphire/core/HTTPResponse.php
but
sapphire/core/control/HTTPResponse.php

It would be great if this could be just a module, so we don't need to mess on the sapphire folder (and lose the changes when we update silverstripe).
Also, this minify_HTML can bother a little for debugging purposes. I have set a flag to grab a GET parameter to deactivate it in case i want to see the code just as it is.

However great class, thanks Tonyair.

cobianzo

Community Member, 8 Posts

11 October 2010 at 8:15am

Althought the change is working fine for the front end, this change in saphire generates an error when I "Save and publish" a page from the admin panel. I guess that it happens with some other actions. So I had to remove it.

Tonyair

Community Member, 81 Posts

11 November 2010 at 12:55am

Edited: 11/11/2010 1:15am

Hmmm ... thx ... i will fix it, just thought that i get such error cos of replacing TinyMCE with CKEditor.

Upd.

yep, it was pretty easy:

if(!Director::isDev() && !Director::is_ajax()) {
               require_once('thirdparty/minify/HTML.php');
               echo Minify_HTML::minify($this->body);
            } else {
               echo $this->body;
            }

Extension of core modules in SilverStripe works a bit strange so i can't make it as module.

Thank you for ur error reporting.
I spend a lot of time trying to find out why with CKEditor I getting javascript parse error.
Now everything is fine =)

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

19 November 2010 at 1:40pm

Tonyair, yes this is an interesting idea.

I had to use HTML Tidy on SilverStripe for some sites, as there is a requirement from the client to make the HTML super neat. Your post makes me feel like to post that one I did.

anyways I will look into your codes.

@cobianzo I had that problem with HTMLTidy as well. it sometimes try to tidy everything which is a pain. What I did was to add some if conditionals to check whether they are viewing the site.

on the page controller, init function I had a flag

eg

function init(){
parent::init();
$_REQUEST['RUN_HTML_TIDY'] = 1;
}

now on other places where you try to modify the output you can use

if(isset($_REQUEST['RUN_HTML_TIDY'])){
//// implement your code here.
}