Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Need to generate class instance reports, with CSV output, for custom Page class.

2 Posts   777 Views

ImacSS

Community Member, 35 Posts

19 October 2010 at 4:15am

Edited: 19/10/2010 4:15am

Working with SS 2.3.2. Built a custom class to display contests.

Each contest needs to have a special reporting function which does the following:
> Displays users who submitted entries
> Ability to output results as CSV.
> Report is ONLY for this specific contest (i.e.; an individual instance of the contest class).

What is the best way to accomplish this?

A) Override SSReport to include a dropdown allowing selection of the contest to report on, and include a button to export to CSV.

If this is the best way, can anyone point me to existing code which overrides SSReport and provides custom controls for filtering and/or button actions?

B) Provide a new button on the CMS contest admin page which generates the CSV report.

If this is the best way, can you point me toward code which creates a custom button on a CMS form to perform an action?

Having trouble locating either code solution on any of the usual SS resource sites.

Appreciate any assistance - thanks in advance.

ImacSS

Community Member, 35 Posts

19 October 2010 at 4:31am

Actually, never mind.

Realized that I can just create a report to list each of the class instances, with submission counts, and provide a link to download the CSV as a standard SideReport.