Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

lightbox effect in the images on the page

5 Posts   1162 Views

combinesom

Community Member, 10 Posts

4 November 2010 at 9:16am

hi!

how to prepare Silverstripe to be able to add the lightbox effect to the link in the image?

Sorry for my english :)

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

5 November 2010 at 1:27am

Hi,

we use pirobox here (same thing really) and it is very easy...

Add pirobox (in the require page init)...

Requirements::css('DIRECTORY/pirobox/style.css');
Requirements::javascript('DIRECTORY/pirobox/pirobox.min.js');
Requirements::javascript('DIRECTORY/pirobox/pirobox.config.js');

then when you are placing your images on the page in your template do something like this...

<% if MyImages %>
<p>
<% control MyImages %>
<a href="$URL" title=" " class="pirobox_gall">
<% control SetWidth(120) %>
$Tag
<% end_control %>
</a>
<% end_control %>
</p>
<% end_if %>

barry

combinesom

12 November 2010 at 3:19am

Thank you for your reply. But this solution is unsatisfactory. For me it's not a problem but for inexperienced users it can be a difficult. Modification of the admin panel would be the optimal solution. For me it is too difficult. I believe that experienced developers of this forum will find a solution to this problem.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1798 Posts

12 November 2010 at 5:03am

Ok, well, what you want is a module - actually a combination of image gallery/uploadify/dom should do it.

combinesom

12 November 2010 at 9:32am

I think the solution is not so complicated. All you need to do is add to the link new attribute - "rel" and add to the header of page the address of the script which run the gallery effect. I can not modify the panel in the part responsible for adding the link to create a new option with the attribute "rel". Maybe you know which files should be modified?