Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Admin UI Speed

Go to End

2 Posts   1554 Views

landyman

Community Member, 11 Posts

16 November 2010 at 12:38pm

Hello -
I've tried searching around on ways to speed up the Admin UI and have not been able to find anything. Does anyone have any tips?

Some background on a site that could use this speed up:
The client wanted everything in the Admin to be focused around Product. Basically, they add a Product into the admin, fill out all of the info, and everything on the site (including multiple page types/templates) is populated. The Product has several tabs, all with several fields and several has_many fields. This presented the problem that when you click on a product, the UI for that product takes a long time to load. The client doesn't have a great computer, and switching to a faster browser like Chrome also hasn't yielded the greatest performance increase.

I was hoping to see if there were ways to serve up cached data to the admin, or cut down on the AJAX/JavaScript used in the admin as I think those would be the best speed increases.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Aaron

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

17 November 2010 at 2:00am

Edited: 17/11/2010 2:02am

Is this ModelAdmin?

I had this issue for my has_one relations because whenever the form was loaded each of the 1000's of options were retrieved and formatted into dropdown field. I replaced them with readonlyfields and the slowness disappeared.

For has_many or many_many I'd guess using DOM might help but I don't know.