Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Error message after login

6 Posts   1418 Views

bartvanirsel

Community Member, 94 Posts

10 March 2011 at 4:13am

I am trying to figure out something simple which doesnt seem simple. Maybe its also caused by being in code to long now :)

When logging in and not filling out anything or filling out wrong credentials i cant get an error message to appear. This is also not the facts when trying to login on this forum. How do i get an error message above the login form when logging in failed?

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

13 April 2011 at 7:44pm

Hi Bart,

Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem when using a Custom Login form template....

Cheers,

Aram

www.SSbits.com - Your one stop SilverStripe learning resource.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

13 April 2011 at 8:07pm

Ok I found the problem,

When using a custom template (i.e. Security_login.ss) you need to use $Form rather than $LoginForm.

Hope that helps :)

Aram

www.SSbits.com - Your one stop SilverStripe learning resource.

leafchild

Community Member, 41 Posts

16 April 2011 at 11:44am

Edited: 16/04/2011 12:18pm

Hi Aram,

I think I have an same issue and I couldn't understand the solution you put above.

I thought form is not working at all but after I read this thread I enter all the value and submit then it's working...

If I don't enter anything then look like the page is just refreshing,,,,

I created "MyForm.ss" , "MyForm.php "then

in Contact.ss

$MyForm

thanks,

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1097 Posts

4 May 2011 at 2:06am

Just wondering - I can't really think of a user that doesn't enter anything at all and then doesn't understand that he can't login without explanation. I could maybe think of a bot that pushes a button - and that I don't want to provide with unneeded info.

So I would be quite happy if this were by design. Please tell me if and why this doesn't make sense...

JonoM

Community Member, 103 Posts

22 February 2012 at 1:34pm

Edited: 24/02/2012 5:13pm

*Bump*

I've found this to be a problem too. Going to the default login URL i.e. mysite.com/Security/login and entering wrong credentials the page just appears to refresh. No error message. Does anyone know how to correct this? Ideally there should be a message like "Invalid username or password". The same is true of this forum - if you try to login with bogus credentials the login page appears to just refresh.

Thanks