Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error message after login

Go to End

6 Posts   1959 Views

bartvanirsel

Community Member, 96 Posts

10 March 2011 at 4:13am

I am trying to figure out something simple which doesnt seem simple. Maybe its also caused by being in code to long now :)

When logging in and not filling out anything or filling out wrong credentials i cant get an error message to appear. This is also not the facts when trying to login on this forum. How do i get an error message above the login form when logging in failed?

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

13 April 2011 at 7:44pm

Hi Bart,

Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem when using a Custom Login form template....

Cheers,

Aram

www.SSbits.com - Your one stop SilverStripe learning resource.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

13 April 2011 at 8:07pm

Ok I found the problem,

When using a custom template (i.e. Security_login.ss) you need to use $Form rather than $LoginForm.

Hope that helps :)

Aram

www.SSbits.com - Your one stop SilverStripe learning resource.

leafchild

Community Member, 41 Posts

16 April 2011 at 11:44am

Edited: 16/04/2011 12:18pm

Hi Aram,

I think I have an same issue and I couldn't understand the solution you put above.

I thought form is not working at all but after I read this thread I enter all the value and submit then it's working...

If I don't enter anything then look like the page is just refreshing,,,,

I created "MyForm.ss" , "MyForm.php "then

in Contact.ss

$MyForm

thanks,

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

4 May 2011 at 2:06am

Just wondering - I can't really think of a user that doesn't enter anything at all and then doesn't understand that he can't login without explanation. I could maybe think of a bot that pushes a button - and that I don't want to provide with unneeded info.

So I would be quite happy if this were by design. Please tell me if and why this doesn't make sense...

JonoM

Community Member, 130 Posts

22 February 2012 at 1:34pm

Edited: 24/02/2012 5:13pm

*Bump*

I've found this to be a problem too. Going to the default login URL i.e. mysite.com/Security/login and entering wrong credentials the page just appears to refresh. No error message. Does anyone know how to correct this? Ideally there should be a message like "Invalid username or password". The same is true of this forum - if you try to login with bogus credentials the login page appears to just refresh.

Thanks