Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Parts of $Content missing in Chrome & Safari

3 Posts   881 Views

micschk

Community Member, 19 Posts

10 March 2011 at 9:36am

Edited: 10/03/2011 9:30pm

I'm having some strange issues of parts of $Content missing _sometimes_ on a website I'm developing (my first in SilverStripe).

When I load the website in Chrome/Chromium or on an Android & iPad, it only loads the first paragraph of the $Content. When reloading it, sometimes (eg. after three times) it does load the full content (but this is only sometimes).

When I use Firefox, all content is there, always (and the html output seems just fine). I really have no clue as to how this could be happening; content should either be there or not there, right? Could this be some kind of memory issue?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 March 2011 at 2:10pm

Perhaps there is an HTML error on the page? You didn't have a $Content.Summary or something previously did you? If so then it could be a cache issue.

micschk

Community Member, 19 Posts

10 March 2011 at 9:30pm

Hmm.. turns out there were some tiny validation issues, but the culprit was one little line in the css. I added it to remove the empty paragraphs that can sometimes be generated in the editor;

p:empty {display:none;}

So, after 3,5 hours of debugging I've decided I can live with some empty paragraphs...

Thanks @Willr!