Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

ModelAdmin error : "The action 'admin' does not exist in class MyClass"

3 Posts   1351 Views

VRoxane

Community Member, 42 Posts

20 April 2011 at 3:28am

Edited: 20/04/2011 3:28am

Hi all ! Can somebody help me with this problem ?

Logbook is a class extending ModelAdmin.
It has two managed models : "Import" and "Export".

Thing is : Everything works fine with only one managed model active... only when I upload the other one and add it in Logbook, I can still show the "Logbook" tab but can't show/add exports or imports.
(There is also a weird margin around the cms window.)

I get this error :

The action 'admin' does not exist in class LogBook

--> POST http://www.mywebsite.com/admin/logbook/admin/logbook/Import/SearchForm 404 Not Found      250ms

See how "admin/logbook" is repeated ?
I think that might be the result of the CMS trying to do something with the url, adding another "admin/logbook" by mistake... not considering it actually IS in "admin/logbook" already.

Any idea ?

merrick_sd

Community Member, 97 Posts

6 July 2011 at 12:33am

i have similar thing code works on Silverstripe 2.3.7 but upgraded to Silverstripe 2.4.5 and doesn't work.

not sure if its a director rule that needs to be created. but i cannot seem to solve.

Director::addRules(50, array('admin/GlobalAdmin/$Class/$Action/$ID' => 'GlobalAdmin'));

Mysite>Code> GlobalAdmin.php
<?php
class GlobalAdmin extends ModelAdmin {

public static $managed_models = array(
      'Footer','FooterIcon','Office', 'NavStyle', 'paypal_payment_info'
   );

static $url_segment = 'Global'; // will be linked as /admin/products
   static $menu_title = 'Global';

}
?>

in admin when i search a results page will come up but "not" withinthe admin the page will be a plain page listing results. and the links to edit or view record are formatted like

http://www.mydomainname.com/admin/Global/FooterIcon/admin/Global/FooterIcon/1/edit

Attached Files
VRoxane

Community Member, 42 Posts

6 July 2011 at 12:55am

Hi merrick_sd,

Just so you know, I had to separate my Imports and my Exports to make it work (two different managed models).
I'll try again when I have some free time to do it.

Hope you'll manage to do what you want ! :)