Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Custom Change Password Page

5 Posts   1315 Views

Parker1090

Community Member, 38 Posts

19 May 2011 at 9:39pm

Hi All,
I've just started using SilverStripe and interested in using it with my current site. I'm looking to make a custom edit password page, so it doesn't have to be done through the CMS backend (or is there another way?). I have tried looking over a couple of things but when it comes to the password salt etc, I'm a bit lost.

To be honest, I have no idea where to start with this page so any help would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

21 May 2011 at 5:21pm

All the security actions are based off a controller and not a page. If you want to style the page template then you can define a template Security.ss template file for all the Security pages or if you just want the forgotten password Security_lostpassword.ss will work.

Parker1090

27 May 2011 at 10:47pm

Thanks for that. Is there a way of creating a new page and accessing that controller to perform more custom functions rather than just styling existing pages? I just wanted to create a sort of register and change password page without going through the whole CMS.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

28 May 2011 at 10:32am

If you want to make a custom register page see how the forum module works or the member profiles module - https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles. They're good examples of how to do it.

Parker1090

28 May 2011 at 7:57pm

Thanks - Ill take a look at those and see what I can do.