Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS

Custom Change Password Page

5 Posts   1182 Views

Parker1090

19 May 2011 at 9:39pm Community Member, 38 Posts

Hi All,
I've just started using SilverStripe and interested in using it with my current site. I'm looking to make a custom edit password page, so it doesn't have to be done through the CMS backend (or is there another way?). I have tried looking over a couple of things but when it comes to the password salt etc, I'm a bit lost.

To be honest, I have no idea where to start with this page so any help would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance!

Willr

21 May 2011 at 5:21pm Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

All the security actions are based off a controller and not a page. If you want to style the page template then you can define a template Security.ss template file for all the Security pages or if you just want the forgotten password Security_lostpassword.ss will work.

Parker1090

27 May 2011 at 10:47pm Community Member, 38 Posts

Thanks for that. Is there a way of creating a new page and accessing that controller to perform more custom functions rather than just styling existing pages? I just wanted to create a sort of register and change password page without going through the whole CMS.

Willr

28 May 2011 at 10:32am Forum Moderator, 5511 Posts

If you want to make a custom register page see how the forum module works or the member profiles module - https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles. They're good examples of how to do it.

Parker1090

28 May 2011 at 7:57pm Community Member, 38 Posts

Thanks - Ill take a look at those and see what I can do.