Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help with custom admin area

Go to End

T-Muns

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 June 2011 at 7:28am

I'm having trouble finding a "how to" for creating a custom admin section. I think I'm on the right track, I've subclassed LeftAndMain and I've created the SS template files for the left and right. On the left, I have a sitetree list similar to the CommentAdmin.

I don't understand the process of linking the items in the sitetree to an action and how it all ties together with javascript, etc. Basically, on the left side I have a couple of buttons followed by the sitetree menu below it. If the button is clicked, I want an upload form in the main section. If one of the menu items are clicked, I want a CRUD table to show up in the main area. I see how the getEditForm function can load in separate forms by calling other functions in class, so I really just need help getting the left menu to work.

I've looked at this page and it was helpful, but it doesn't cover how to use a sitetree-like menu on the left:
http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/leftandmain

Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files