Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

ModelAdmin Relations

5 Posts   598 Views

markpatella

Community Member, 4 Posts

28 September 2011 at 10:43pm

Hi,

i have a DataObject which is managed by ModelAdmin via the cms, so far so good. But all objects that are related to this with a $has_one relation are only shown as DropDownField with the id. How can i customize this to change the DrowDown to other fields from the managed object?

Thanks a lot for your help!

mark

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

28 September 2011 at 11:36pm

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure what you mean by "How can i customize this to change the DrowDown to other fields from the managed object". Since this is a relationship within the datamodel you are restricted to what can be used... the option I think that might help is the ItemPicker...

https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-itemsetfield

Also in the situation I what the information edittable after it has been selected I use this...
http://www.silverstripe.org/data-model-questions/show/13089#post295584

Hope this helps

Barry

markpatella

29 September 2011 at 12:07am

Thanks for your quick reply!

To clarify it a bit, i have made a screenshot where you can see two DropDownFields with only an id from the relation in it. And i want to change this to another field from the related object.

mark

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

29 September 2011 at 12:19am

Ahhh....

Where the system is trying to scaffold the drop down it looks for a "Name" field. If you add that then it will look a bit better.

Alternatively - you could redraw the drop down with the right "Name" (within getCMSFields)

$dos = DataObject::get($strDataObjectName);
$map = $dos ? $dos->toDropdownMap('ID','Name') : array(); //change Name in this line
$fields->replaceField('HasOneID',new DropdownField('HasOneID','Label',$map));

markpatella

29 September 2011 at 12:41am

Thanks a lot, it works great!

I had already found the replaceField method but now it ist clear to me how to use it!

mark