Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Populating a "TreeMultiSelectField" with images from Assets Folder

3 Posts   738 Views

LinseyM

Community Member, 99 Posts

27 October 2011 at 2:27am

Hi there,

In my CMS I want to have a TreeMultiSelectField type dropdown which lists all of the images in the Assets folder & subfolders (in the same way as when you go to add an image via the WYSIWYG editor).

The user should be able to select / check multiple images, which I would then use to display a slideshow of images within the site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? I've tried a few things but its not working at all => I don't know if you can "call" assets in the same way as you call the site tree, e.g.:

public static $many_many = array(
   "ChoosePages" => "SiteTree"
);

function getCMSFields() {
   $fields = parent::getCMSFields();
   $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.PageList', new TreeMultiSelectField('ChoosePages', 'Select pages to list', 'SiteTree'), '');
   return $fields;
}

Many thanks,

Linsey

hello_world

Community Member, 17 Posts

28 October 2011 at 12:47am

Edited: 28/10/2011 12:51am

Hi,

1) Change relationship in $many_many e.g.

public static $many_many = array(
"MyImages" => "File"
);

and /dev/build

2) In getCMSField

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.PageList', new TreeMultiSelectField('MyImages', 'Select your images from list', 'File'), '');
return $fields;

Everything works fine but after save contnet you can not see which images will be selected.
I wrote about this in this post, but no answer.
http://www.silverstripe.org/customising-the-cms/show/18385

LinseyM

Community Member, 99 Posts

28 October 2011 at 7:56am

Thanks so much for your help - I'd already tried "File" in the CMS Fields section, but I had left it as "site tree" in the many>many relationship - what an idiot!

Just wanted to let you know though, that the boxes I check do remain checked after I save / save & publish / exit and return to the page.

Thanks again, L x