Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Different Slideshow on every page

2 Posts   572 Views

carlo

Community Member, 5 Posts

31 March 2012 at 4:15am

Hey,

I'm very new to SilverStripe, so sorry for this newbie post and my bad english. I'm using SilverStripe for one month and I'm lovin it :) For my actual project I integrated already my own template, my own gallery extension (with help of some forum posts and this great DataObjectManager).

Now I will create a new CMS-DropDown-Field for every page, where you can change the slideshow. My idea was:

I have slideshow images in 3 different HTMLs as .ss files in "themes/mylayout/templates/Insludes/" (officeSlideshows.ss …). I have written following to my mysite/code/Page.php:

public static $db = array(
      // Change Slideshow - Dropdownfields
      'SliderDesign' => "Enum('officeSlideshow, productSlideshow, otherSlideshow')"
   );

// Choose Slideshow as default
   public static $defaults = array(
      'SliderDesign' => 'officeSlideshow'
   );

// Add a Dropdownfield to CMS
   public function getCMSFields() {
      $fields = parent::getCMSFields();
      $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new DropdownField('SliderDesign', 'Choose your header slideshow', singleton('Page')->dbObject('SliderDesign')->enumValues()), 'Content');
      return $fields;
   }

Now I can see this drop down field in my backend and I can change the value, yeah :)
And now? I thought, I could add following to my theme (Page.ss):

<div id="topslider">
   <% include $SliderDesign %>
</div>

… and it would change to one of my variable values (e.g. officeSlideshow) and insert the content of officeSlideshow.ss (from includes/), but it doesn't! -.-

What I'm doing wrong?
Or is there a better way to change Layoutparts (like different slideshows) in the Backend of SilverStripe?

inCharge

Community Member, 102 Posts

12 April 2012 at 1:04am

Hi Carlo

I think you could do this...

<% if SliderDesign = officeSlideshow %>
<% include officeSlideshow %>
<% else_if SliderDesign = productSlideshow %>
<% include productSlideshow %>
<% else_if ...etc