Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

SS3:Extend Group


Go to End
Reply


13 Posts   1539 Views

Avatar
Reflektera

49 Posts

17 September 2012 at 4:50pm

Sad to say, the error still occurs in 3.0.2. :/

Avatar
Reflektera

49 Posts

23 September 2012 at 5:27am

Getting crazy over this. Would really need to upgrade to 3.0.2 but this problem makes it impossible. Tried again with a fresh install and db with the code that IOTI wrote, but I still get the singleton error. Also get the same error when I try to add a member trough the autocompleter field.

In the singleton function in core.php, I added a "echo $className" right in the beginning. The output contained 1 "Member" more in the 3.0 installation then in later. Don't know exactly what it means, but it should mean something, right?

If it something I do wrong, what could it be? I have no idea...

Avatar
Reflektera

49 Posts

23 September 2012 at 11:42pm

Update. If I comment line 186 out in Group.php it works as it should. The line reads:

$fields->push($idField = new HiddenField("ID"));

I changed it to a textfield and its value is set in all versions (3.0.X). Havn't done any estensive testing yet but I don't se any side effects so far.

So the question is, what does this line do and why is it messing with me?! To be continued...

Avatar
catcher

Community Member, 4 Posts

22 November 2013 at 6:11am

Old post, but I just encountered this.
Looks like the "ID" field name is in use, you can get around it by renaming that field.

Avatar
superk

Community Member, 2 Posts

26 November 2013 at 8:55am

Edited: 26/11/2013 8:56am

Hi,

I'm using the 3.1.2 version and was still looking for a solution. Finally I managed to find it.

I followed the stack trace and discovered that LeftAndMain.php was trying to retrieve the current page (currentPage) by calling

$this->getRecord()

The first thing that getRecord does is to detect the className property of the extension object.
This is done by querying the variable $site_tree

public function getRecord($id) {
$className = $this->stat('tree_class');
.
.
.

So I added $site_tree to my extension manager class:

class GroupModelAdmin extends ModelAdmin {

public static $tree_class = 'Group';
public static $managed_models=array(
'Group'
);

public static $url_segment='groupManager';
public static $menu_title='Group Manager';

}

And that solved the problem....

Go to Top