Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe 3 Permissions Issues

Go to End

5 Posts   1616 Views

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

12 September 2012 at 6:55am

I've created a security group on a Silverstripe 3 website that should only have access a select branch of the site. However, because that section is on the second level, they need to expand the subpages to get to the part of the site. This was not a problem to setup in SS 2.4, however in SS 3 the content manager cannot get to the subpages. They seem to be disabled judging by the css classes the js generates. I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Anyone else have this issue? Or know how I can fix this?

Attached Files
Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

28 September 2012 at 10:42am

Looks like I can indeed replicate this, so it must've been a regression when the tree was rewritten for SilverStripe 3.

I've raised a ticket for it here: http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7913

You are right in that it must be something with the Javascript of the tree, because I can access the page manually if I enter the ID in the URL, e.g. pages/show/edit/2. The tree is then expanded if I do that, but the immediate page I can edit is greyed out in the tree, even though I can edit the content.

I'll look into a patch to fix the sitetree.

Cheers,
Sean

Sean

28 September 2012 at 12:16pm

Proposed fix has been submitted here: https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/pull/832

Feel free to try patching your copy and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Sean

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

29 September 2012 at 2:09am

Ah, that works. Thanks!

Sean

29 September 2012 at 12:39pm

This patch has been merged into the development 3.0 branch on Github, should make the next release :)

Cheers,
Sean