Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS

SOLVED: Secondary Pages Disappear from Parent in Tree after "Save & Publish" Action

4 Posts   550 Views

B00mtastik™

25 September 2012 at 11:51am Community Member, 18 Posts

Hello all,

I came across this problem just now, because normally I would edit the parent page and then never touch it and only work on the sub/child pages.

So lets take the ArticlePage and ArticlePageHolder example from the tutorials which can be found here: [url=http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/2-extending-a-basic-site]Extending a Basic Site.[/url]

After editing the parent ArticlePageHolder and hitting the "Save & Publish" button, all child pages disappear and won't return until I refresh the tab on my browser with either 'F5' or Right Click > Refresh.

Now, my first thoughts was this could be a bug, but I also knew since it was something I hand coded to try and get a feel for creating these pages types, it could have been something I did that won't allow the tree to be updated after the save & publish function?

Any help would be awesome. I'm providing screenshots to show what happens and also providing my ArticlePage code and ArticlePageHolder code.

-B00mer

martimiz

25 September 2012 at 11:06pm Forum Moderator, 1091 Posts

I don't feel this is due to anything in your code... Just curious: does the same thing happen if you create childpages underneath a default Page type? Are you using (stable) 3.0.2?

jasonsypolt

25 September 2012 at 11:56pm Community Member, 5 Posts

I was experiencing the same thing. It's like the jquery wasn't updating the tree properly when clicking Save and Publish. Refreshing the entire page fixed the problem, but it was a little disconcerting at first to see things disappear. I haven't seen the problem yet since upgrading to 3.0.2.

B00mtastik™

26 September 2012 at 3:26pm Community Member, 18 Posts

Yeah I had the same thing. So now things have been fixed with version 3.0.2. Which took me a while to get working considering some minor things I had to re-change in .htaccess. But it works!

Lesson learned: Always update your stuff.

Thanks for all who took a look at this for me.

-B00mer