Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

AD/LDAP/SSO

Go to End

5 Posts   2602 Views

mundek23

Community Member, 7 Posts

4 December 2012 at 11:29am

Morning,

I'm currently looking at SilverStripe as potential option for a corporate Intranet. One of our big requirements is single sign on, using Active Directory for authentication. Having to log in to the Intranet again is a dealbreaker.

Just wondering:

- If anyone has had any luck implementing this on SilverStripe? I've played around with lancer's External Authentication module, but this doesn't seem to do SSO.

- Are there any resources (best practice guides etc) for doing something like this?

I figured the best approach for SSO is to disable SilverStripe's internal authentication functionality then configure the webserver to do NTLM authentication and somehow glue it together?

Thanks in advnace for any pointers!

Dan

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 December 2012 at 9:00pm

claireh

Community Member, 2 Posts

20 February 2013 at 5:15am

Edited: 20/02/2013 5:15am

Hi Dan, did you ever have any success with this? I've also been looking at the external authentication module with little joy.

radic

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 September 2013 at 5:10pm

Hi Will,

The module that you suggested seems to be targeted at SilveStripe 2.3. Any idea if this works for 3.0.5 or any other module that can do the job in 3.0.5?

Cheers,
Daniel

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 September 2013 at 7:49pm