Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

TinyMCE with syntax highlighting

Go to End

6 Posts   6253 Views

MarioSommereder

Community Member, 107 Posts

28 January 2013 at 12:57am

Hi there,

what's the beste way to add syntax highlighting to the CMS' HtmlEditorField TinyMCS source editor?

I tried to add this TinyMCE plugin https://github.com/RichGuk/syntaxhl but it simply does not work...

Any help appreciated :-)

Cheers, Mario

BigMoose

Community Member, 19 Posts

13 April 2014 at 12:33am

Just wondering if you were ever able to solve this. On the SS 2.x versions, there was some syntax color showing when I would view the html source code in the TinyMCE editor. With versions 3.x this is no longer there.

BigMoose

Community Member, 19 Posts

15 April 2014 at 4:44am

Edited: 15/04/2014 4:44am

Okay, I found a great solution for me. First, I think a better plugin than "syntaxhl" is called "codemagic".
https://github.com/tinymce-plugins/codemagic

After downloading, I renamed the file from 'codemagic-master' to 'codemagic'. I then placed this folder into:
framework/thirdparty/tinymce/plugins/

Next, I added the following line into mysite/_config.php

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('codemagic');

Lastly, I needed to add the button to the TinyMCE button layout - ensuring that 'codemagic' was listed. This too was added to the mysite/_config.php file.

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setButtonsForLine(1, 'undo', 'redo', 'bold', 'italic', 'underline', 'strikethrough', '|', 'justifyleft', 'justifycenter', 'justifyright', 'justifyfull', '|', 'styleselect', 'formatselect', 'fontselect', 'fontsizeselect', '|', 'forecolor', 'backcolor', 'styleprops');

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setButtonsForLine(2, 'codemagic', 'fullscreen', '|', 'cut', 'copy', 'paste', 'pastetext', 'pasteword', 'spellchecker', '|', 'bullist', 'numlist', '|', 'outdent', 'indent', 'blockquote', '|', 'image', 'link', 'unlink', 'anchor', '|', 'selectall', 'visualaid', '|', 'removeformat', 'hr', 'charmap');

I really hope this helps the others who were looking for an answer to this problem.

MarioSommereder

Community Member, 107 Posts

16 April 2014 at 8:45pm

Thank you! I'll definitely try this!

novaweb

Community Member, 116 Posts

15 August 2014 at 10:22am

BigMoose,

Did you get this working in SilverStripe 3?

Cheers,
Josh

madphil168

Community Member, 1 Post

3 April 2015 at 6:10pm

Hello

int main() { var hello = 1; x = y =z; x.code().down(2,3,4)}