Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.4.7 - Admin Sitetree not refreshing on add or delete page

Go to End

benshu

Community Member, 4 Posts

19 June 2013 at 1:06am

Hi,

I'd say I'm still relatively new to Silverstripe, have been using it at work for about 1 year and setup over 15 websites with it.

Never had any issues with the backend, but I have had to setup a more complex sitetree for one particular site and recently have had some issues with the refreshing of the sitetree in the left side bar.

Usually, when you create a page it appears in real time in orange as in the screenshot attached (left-sitetree.jpg). However, not anymore.
When you delete a page, it also gets removed in real-time, not anymore.

I have compared the headers with another site that doesnt have this issue and noticed that in both cases a call to:

POST http://mydomain.com/admin/AddPageOptionsForm gets called sucessfully

but that it should be followed by:

POST http://mydomain.com/admin/getitem?ID=xxx&locale=fr_FR&ajax=1, which is not the case.

(see second screenshot "console-post.jpg" for Firebug info taken from fully functional one)

I have googled and searched various classes and JS files but not figured out a solution to my problem.
Hoping someone can give me some advice :)

Also consider that I have setup various user groups and each group can only edit certain pages.
In Page type classes and in CustomSiteConfig I have also set group specific parts.

Not sure if that could be a possible cause, but I don't think so, at least hasnt happend on other sites where I have used similar conditionals.

Thanks !

Attached Files