Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

How to use To-do in CMS

4 Posts   1098 Views

tgwpqd

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 December 2008 at 9:55am

I have no idea how to use To-do in CMS.

I created a page with several children, I want to show the latest post story in the page. Can I use To-do in the CMS to do that? (BTW, I used the same .php for the page and the children)

If not, how can I do?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

18 December 2008 at 11:00am

The 'To-do' field is purely to put notes on things that need to be done by Content Editors on that page.

For example, an editor might add a note "Add section about dog biscuits". Later, an author might come along, see the note and add the section. I believe there is a report where you can see all the To-do notes in the CMS.

By 'latest post story' - do you mean you want to show the Content of the most recently added child page of a page?

You can do this, but it requires changes to your page class and template. Have a look at [url=http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=tutorials]the tutorials[/url] first.

tgwpqd

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 December 2008 at 12:15pm

No, actually I am using the components in the CMS, not the way in the tutorial.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

18 December 2008 at 6:32pm

What do you mean components?

You'll have to write a custom function which does a dataobjectget on your page. It's outlined in the tutorial...2 I believe.