Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Extending Html Editor Toolbar (Font size, color, spell checking)

Go to End

2 Posts   3529 Views

rshaltry

Community Member, 1 Post

30 December 2008 at 8:21am

I've heard that the ability to extend the TinyMCE toolbar is a feature in the upcoming 3.0 release of SilverStripe, but we have a client who demands the maximum amount of control over their text and formatting as possible, and all of our attempts to extend the TinyMCE toolbar using version 2.2.2 of SilverStripe have failed. It seems that certain modifications have been made to the TinyMCE code to get it to fit so seamlessly into the SilverStripe management interface, but have prevented the ability to extend the toolbar.

Has anyone been successful at integrating font face, font size, font color and/or spelling checking into your SilverStripe WYSIWYG editor in the management console? If so, I'd like to know what it took to do so and any tips that might lead us in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone might be able to provide.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

31 December 2008 at 7:27am

this is really problematic for me too, I have tried to make this, and once I found that this feature will be available soon in a new release. if anyone has some solution please share.