Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help needed on some issues-I want to contibute my part for the community

Go to End

2 Posts   1696 Views

no_name

Community Member, 1 Post

7 January 2009 at 12:55am

Hi folks how are you?, I've been searchinga good cms that will answer my requirements for a long time . When I came across your system I was so amazed by the features and the "extensions" That I couldn't believe it's for real and free!

It's so important for the community of site builders that such projects exist and get bigger every day!

I want to contribute my part to the community by translating the system to full Hebrew.

It will take time but I am willing to do so because I think that it's very important that such a good cms will support other language and other people around the globe could enjoy it too.

To succeed I need help on some issues.

Can some one please guide me what I need to do to make the newsletter send the mail in Hebrew ? Right now it only send the body part in Hebrew and the subject is in symbols L

Another issue is the meta tag url for seo, When I'm creating a new page and name it in Hebrew. The url is something like this "example.com/-2
How can I make the url seo feature to support non English character?

Hope to get some help and fix this issues that another people here in Israel will enjoy your great system. Thanks in advance for you time and support

Best Regards

Shmulik

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

25 January 2009 at 8:15pm

> Can some one please guide me what I need to do to make the newsletter send the mail in Hebrew ? Right now it only send the body part in Hebrew and the subject is in symbols L
Hm, can you check that the collation of your "Subject" colum in the "Newsletter" table (in the database) is set to "utf8_general_ci"?
It might be something deep down in Mailer.php, which doesn't detect your subject as unicode. I've opened a ticket regarding our mailer implementation, it needs a general overhaul: http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3427

> Another issue is the meta tag url for seo, When I'm creating a new page and name it in Hebrew. The url is something like this "example.com/-2
How can I make the url seo feature to support non English character?
There's a feature request for this: http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2452. Currently all characters outside of the normall ASCII set are simply removed. In the future we could either transliterate them (e.g. german umlauts to ASCII), or maybe view them in unicode-encoded URLs. The ticket comments contain ongoing discussion and research, it would be good to hear your experiences on hebrew URL segments there.