Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Translation work around (v2.3rc2) ??

2 Posts   934 Views

Terminator4

Community Member, 81 Posts

10 January 2009 at 12:10pm

Hi,
I am trying to translate a custom page that I have created. If I add any Text field or Formatting field I can access the translation function even if it does not offer those fields to be translatable. However, once I add any relationship dependent field such as a ComplexTableField or ManyManyComplexTableField and then try and translate the page, I receive a blank alert box. Any work around? I really need to get this project for my client up and running. Please assist where possible.

Also, how do I make the language translation list only show a few hand picked languages?

Thanks

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

25 January 2009 at 8:28pm

Are you trying to translate fields inside the complextablefield popup? Thats currently not supported. Can you run your site in "dev-mode" and see if there's any javascript or serverside error messages? A blank alert sounds very strange...

We're having a major overhaul of the Translatable implementation which is currently scheduled closely after the 2.3.0 release. Have a look in our subversion trunk to get a peek of whats coming up. I understand that this doesn't fit with the realities of client deadlines, but your best bet is probably to wait for this to be released.