Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

allow user to customize page theme

Go to End

21 Posts   4654 Views

mccarville

Community Member, 32 Posts

24 January 2009 at 5:10am

Edited: 24/01/2009 5:12am

I was just working with the code above and I found a little bit of a glitch... It seems the CMS does not like it when $ThemeX does not exist... meaning you would have to build the dropdown, log into the CMS, choose a theme and publish each page that exsists on your site, so that $ThemeX will have a value, before implementing the code in the page controller... otherwise it will return an error (The Red Box 'o Death)

So I came up with a real easy fix to this problem, a quick update to the code in the page controller...

if($this->ThemeX){
SSViewer:set_Theme($this->ThemeX)
}

With the added if statement our pages will use the default theme set in our _config.php file if no value has been passed to ThemeX

Enjoy!... Hope to add a tutorial to recipes soon...

MikeOne

Community Member, 40 Posts

28 October 2009 at 5:23am

I know this is a fairly old thread but this is exactly what I was looking for and just wanted to warn others wanting to implement this..

Please note - the last remark made has 2 typos:

if($this->ThemeX){
SSViewer:set_Theme($this->ThemeX)
}

Should be:

if($this->ThemeX){
SSViewer::set_theme($this->ThemeX)
}

(so should be :: and 'set_theme' lower case).

MikeOne

Community Member, 40 Posts

28 October 2009 at 5:34am

And another quickie - how would I go about having the switcher in the CMS be the same for all pages?

What I basically need is that ALL pages (of page type Page) have the same theme. I have no problem if the switcher is available on all pages - as long as it takes on the value set in the DB - and if changed and you would go to edit another page - it would have set there as well.

In short - I will need this to behave as a 'global' theme switcher in the CMS. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,
Mike.

Marlie511

Community Member, 36 Posts

3 November 2009 at 11:56am

2 Questions:

1. I got this working on my main site where I could switch themes from page to page. I have the Subsites up and running and I cannot get it to work on these pages. Does anybody know what I need to do under the subsites to get it working? I want the users of subsites to be able to select their theme so I would not have to manage this.

2. On my main site when I publish it after selecting the theme from the drop menu, the publishing button keeps processing even though it made the change. It is stuck, even though it worked. A little deceptive. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Ematty

Community Member, 2 Posts

12 October 2010 at 6:07pm

By contrast, LARPs tend to be rooted in a single location. It's just part of the method(to [url=http://www.zyy.com/]Buy WOW Gold[/url]). Thirty or more characters come together to interact, plot and do whatever those characters do. Again, if the player base is much smaller, you're really running a series of tabletops. While I'm not saying it's impossible to have ([url=http://www.storeingame.com/]WOW Gold[/url])adventure in LARP, that genre of story just isn't built into the format. As such, I question whether a WOW([url=http://www.rsfarming.com]RuneScape Gold[/url]) LARP would have the same feel as the tabletop or video games. It would take a skilled game master to make the LARP feel adventurous.

Go to Top