Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Image Upload not working with security group

33 Posts   7798 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

29 April 2010 at 1:37pm

I'm going to try open_basedir.. can anyone give me an example of waht I should be changing my settings to?
I'm on media temple (DV3)
so I was going to follow this KB article: http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/514/Enabling+PEAR+by+setting+your+open_basedir+and+include_path

thanks

Highsense

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 May 2010 at 1:56pm

Can confirm that this issue persists on 2.4 (stable)

Christopher_S

Community Member, 4 Posts

31 May 2010 at 9:50am

Some more info on this subject:

On SilverStripe 2.4, please see the following files:

- cms/code/AssetAdmin.php Line 224

There is a check for open_basedir, and if it is set, the uploaded files are moved to SilverStripe's temp directory (no longer system temp).

- sapphire/filesystem/Upload.php Line 464

There is the following code "!is_uploaded_file($this->tmpFile['tmp_name'])". As some people may be aware, "is_uploaded_file()" checks to see if the uploaded file is the system temp directory. Obviously this will fail because of the open_basedir code above.

It's definitely a bug in SilverStripe and should be fixed.

Anybody want to open a bug report?

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

1 June 2010 at 4:52am

I would love to see this issue dealt with... right now it is a key issue stopping me from delivering to a client.

dvdsetshop

Community Member, 8 Posts

1 June 2010 at 7:51pm

The exact same problem bugs me, I have had to resort to giving all content editors full admin-rights...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.dvdsetshop.com

iqas

Community Member, 1 Post

3 June 2010 at 3:11am

This work for me:

http://open.silverstripe.org/attachment/ticket/5547/2.4.0-FileUpload.diff

Christian Hilles

Community Member, 6 Posts

16 July 2010 at 5:52pm

It works fine! :) I had the same problem.. THX a lot

lerni

Community Member, 80 Posts

24 September 2010 at 12:54am

thx for the patch - it saved me a lot of time!
I was not able to upload at all on one of the hosting we use. i've set DataObjectManager::allow_assets_override(false); but still no luck. with the patch it works with CTF but upload with DOM still fails. this happens with sstr 2.4.2 dom414 swf 401.