Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Upload not working with security group

Go to End

33 Posts   11956 Views

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

22 December 2009 at 7:26am

Strange. It works fine here on a 2.3.4 install. Actually I haven't encountered this issue since 2.2.x
Maybe it's because I'm using the DataObjectManager which also replaces the Files & Images upload?

Will test this without DOM when I find the time.

DoofusDog

Community Member, 9 Posts

22 December 2009 at 7:34am

I really like most of what SilverStripe has to offer but issues like this just are back breakers. The first post on this is from May and its still an issue 7 months later. If you want to keep us as followers you are going to have to find a better way to get these things resolved.

RonnieH

Community Member, 14 Posts

22 December 2009 at 8:08am

@banal: Thank you in advance for your time and help. If I can help you to isolate the problem by giving more details on my installation or somesuch, please let me know!

@DoofusDog: I understand and share your frustration to some degree, but considering the small number of people who seem to have complained of this, it must be an issue owing to very particular circumstances. For me it only started happening last week, as I migrated my Silverstripe-site from one webhost to another.

bummzack

22 December 2009 at 8:14am

Edited: 22/12/2009 8:15am

I just did a fresh install of 2.3.4 without the DataObjectManager and everything works as it should (it would have surprised me if it didn't).
Did you set the permissions on the assets folder? You should set them to 777 (recursively)

RonnieH

22 December 2009 at 9:21am

My assets folder is set to 777, yes.

If that were the problem though, I should expect to have issues uploading images regardless of the user rights in the security panel...

dendeffe

Community Member, 135 Posts

22 December 2009 at 9:30am

@Balden my Assets Folder (and all subfolders) are also set to 777

Any other settings that would be of interest for this problem?

It doesn't happen on every server. On my own server, everything works fine. On the server of my client it gives these problems.

RonnieH

22 December 2009 at 9:41am

Yeah, didn't use to have the problem with DreamHost. But moved to NewDream (which improved my load-speeds, especially on the CMS-part, enormously) and that's when it started...

bummzack

22 December 2009 at 9:49am

That's really strange. I wonder why the server would behave differently for different SilverStripe security groups. I guess this is one for the core-devs.
Do you guys get any usable error messages? PHP- or Apache-Error-Log? Errors in the Firebug Console or Net tab?