Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

TreeDropdownField - how to show subselect of SiteTree

Go to End

2 Posts   2470 Views

Andre

Community Member, 146 Posts

27 May 2009 at 8:03pm

Edited: 27/05/2009 10:11pm

Hi there I'm trying to emulate serveral blocks of same types which can be included in serveral Pages unrelated from their hirachy.

I did the Following. Building a FolderObject (ElementsFolder) which inherited from SiteTree and an ElementObject (Element) which inherited from ElementsFolder. I positioned ElementsFolder in root without being seen in Search and Navigation. In the ElementsFolder I put serveral ElemtObjects. In my case the ElementObjects hold each a different set of 4 Pictures. Now instead of selecting all four pictures for each visible Page in the Sitetree, I can just select the preferred Pictureset from TreeDropDown. I'm still working on the way to clever extract the objects from the linked ElementObject, but thats not the Problem. I still have nice Ideas and will offer this as a Module when its running.

My Problem ist, that I want to stritp down the TreeDropdown to only show the Subtree with the ElementsFolder and Element Objects. I tried the following, but I always get the full sitetree:

class SomePage extends Page { // Redirector

public static $db = array(
	);

public static $has_one = array(
            'LinkToElement' => 'ElementsFolder'
      );

function getCMSFields() {
            $fields = parent::getCMSFields();
            $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new TreeDropdownField("LinkToElementID", "Take Element from:", "ElementsFolder"));
            return $fields;
      }
}

class SomePage_Controller extends Page_Controller {
}

Anyone with any Ideas?

Andre

Community Member, 146 Posts

3 June 2009 at 9:48pm

Edited: 03/06/2009 9:52pm

Hi there, I still found no solution for my Problem. Is there a way, to just include a subpart of the Sitetree into TreeDropdownField and not the full SiteTree?

If Sitetree looks the following

ROOT
__|- Main 1
__|__|- Sub1
__|__|- Sub2
__|- Main 2
__|__|- Sub1
__|__|- Sub2
__|- Main 3
_____|- Sub1
_____|- Sub2

I dont want to see all Main and Sub Pages in the Dropdown, I just want maybe The Subpages untder Main3 to be displayed in TreeDropdownField.