Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Embedding Quicktime with TinyMCE in SiStri 2.3.2

Go to End

3 Posts   2762 Views

Gutur

Community Member, 17 Posts

14 July 2009 at 7:20am

Hi there,

after searching and fiddeling for a quite some time I found how to add a media-upload-button to TinyMCE in SiStri 2.3.2.
I added these lines to /mysite/_config.php
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->enablePlugins('../jsparty/tiny_mce2/plugins/media'); // enables plugin
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->insertButtonsAfter('charmap', 'media'); // positions plugin
and, yay, I have a media-Button ow and can insert Flash, Quicktime, Shockwave etc. exactly like the dropdown options with the Flash-Button in TinyMCE...

But, like with any Object added with the Flash button, on "savin and publishing" the page it always changes the type of the embedded media back to Flash. It seems correct in the backend directly after saving but when I go to another page and back to that page (i.e. refreshing the page) it is set back to Flash...

How in three devils name can I embedd and and "manage" something other then Flash, Quicktime, with SiStri and TinyMCE?

Please help /Carsten

moloko_man

Community Member, 72 Posts

20 November 2009 at 8:04am

Edited: 20/11/2009 8:06am

I don't know if you've been able to solve this yet, if you have please share.

I have partially fixed this issue, i.e. I can embed quicktime, windows media, etc. and have it show up correctly on the front end, however, in the backend still shows up as flash if you navigate away and then back.

To get the media to show up correctly on the front end add the following code to LeftAndMain.php:

embed[quality|type|pluginspage|width|height|name|src|align], 

I added that block of code on line 176 in front of the map[... entry. Now I know its core code, but it works for now. Maybe I should submit a ticket?

I'm looking into getting tinyMCE to stop changing that, if I find anything I'll post it here.

EDIT: oh I'm using version 2.3.3

sdiel

Community Member, 1 Post

20 April 2012 at 9:46pm

Hi,

old thread - but perhaps this is still a point of interest.

got a (hacky) workaround for this in SS 2.4.
Well, what I have done is replacing the media fallback, which is flash, to quicktime. It's a core change, but I need it...
There is a bug which disables an objects classid (HTML). This is required by tinymce to detect the media type.
No one given -> fallback to flash...

You can change that behaviour by replacing the fallback 'mceItemFlash' with 'mceItemQuickTime' in sapphire/thirdparty/tinymce/plugins/media/editor_plugin_src.js (should be in line 305 and 335). There are two switch-cases to check the media type. The default has to be changed.

The problem is not solved by this workaround, the behaviour will change... Flash and other media than QuickTime will now be converted to QuickTime after saving once...

Unfortunately, I don't have time to fix this bug or get a proper solution, the workaround works for my case. I don't need flash for the project I'm working on...

Cheers,
Sebastian