Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

HasOneComplexTableField and Booleans

3 Posts   1469 Views

_Vince

Community Member, 162 Posts

24 July 2009 at 1:36pm

I have a HasOneComplexTableField on a page in the CMS and one of the columns displayed is of type 'Boolean'.

It's saved in the database as either 1 or 0 and it's DISPLAYED as either 1 or 0. Which is fair enough but potentially confusing for the end users.

Is there some way that I can "decode" the 1 and 0 into something like 'Y' and 'N' or whatever?

I only want that for the display.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

24 July 2009 at 2:37pm

Perhaps create a new function (or try overloading your db field in your object). So say your boolean is "HasValue" => "Boolean" you can define something like getHasValueNice() { return ($this->HasValue) ? "Yes" : "No"; } and change your TableField to use HasValueNice rather then HasValue.

You could try overload it by creating a getHasValue() function (same as the dbfield) but not sure if you will run into other issues

_Vince

Community Member, 162 Posts

24 July 2009 at 6:51pm

Edited: 24/07/2009 7:26pm

Hey, that sounds interesting. I'll give it a go.

I can just see the end user asking what all those ones and zeros mean and I might as well preempt them. :)

ADDED:

Yup! Works perfectly. Sweet! Thanks!