Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

News Archive [SOLVED]

5 Posts   2260 Views

Brig

Community Member, 26 Posts

30 July 2009 at 1:21am

Edited: 03/08/2009 4:14am

Hello

I've followed tutorial 2 and created a news page. Works great for my site but I have one additional requirement.

Hopefully someone will have done this before and can give me an example.

I need to create a sidebar which will show all the news items grouped under year and month.

For example:

July
      News Article 4
      News Article 3

June
      News Article 2
      News Article 1

Have someone done this before and how difficult would it be to do?

Thanks

Brig

3 August 2009 at 4:14am

I solved this by using the blog module. Customized it slightly to do everything my news section did and now it works perfectly.

fede

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 November 2009 at 11:00pm

Hi Brig,
I've your same problem, I've to group the news by month or year....just like blog module do.
I try to customize the blog as you suggest, but it don't work.
Could you explain how you customize the blog module?
Thank you.

Brig

4 November 2009 at 2:52am

Hi Fede

My solution wasn't exactly like I described as I wanted it in my OP. When thinking it through afterwards having all the news entries in the sidebar wasn't very practical as I have a whole load of them.

You can see how my blog section works at the moment on here: [url]http://nda.johannesengstrom.com/news/[/url]

As you can see it's almost as it is out of the box. I can't remember exactly what changes I did but if you need I can go into the code and have a look for you.

Brig

fede

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 November 2009 at 10:13pm

Hi Brig

if you can tell me what changes you do to the code you'll save my life!!! :)