Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Inheriting CMSMain

5 Posts   1371 Views

rainerh

Community Member, 23 Posts

26 August 2009 at 11:59pm

Hello,

I want to add some further plugins to TinyMCE and some methods to CMSMain. For this reason I've created a class that inherits directly from CMSMain and overwrites some methods.
Unfortunately when the user enters the url /admin the CMSMain object is still called. I've added following command to _config.php so that SilverStripe is calling the MyMain object:

Director::addRules(60, array(
   'admin/cms//$Action/$ID/$OtherID' => 'MyMain',
));

That does not work. Am I missing something???

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

27 August 2009 at 1:01am

Hm strange indeed. I never tried that.
Did you do a dev/build? Otherwise SilverStripe probably won't find the appropriate class (MyMain)

rainerh

Community Member, 23 Posts

27 August 2009 at 5:26am

Hi there,

/dev/build doesn't help. MyMain is recognized since a rule like '/testmain' works perfectly.

Greetings!

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

28 September 2009 at 1:06am

I am currently in the middle of doing this, and quite frankly its a pain in the ass!

So far I have added this to my dashboard modules _config.php file:

Director::addRules(50, array(
   'admin/dashboard'   => 'DashboardAdmin'
));

CMSMain::$url_segment = 'cms';

CMSMenu::replace_menu_item('CMSMain', 'Site Content', 'admin/cms/', null, 10);

And added this class to extend the CMS' main menu:

class DashboardAdmin extends LeftAndMain {
   static $url_segment = '';

static $menu_title = 'Dashboard';

static $menu_priority = 99;

static $url_priority = 41;

/**
    * Initialisation method called before accessing any functionality that RandomLinksAdmin has to offer
    */
   public function init() {
      parent::init();

Requirements::css('dashboard/css/Dashboard.css');
      Requirements::customScript(file_get_contents(Director::baseFolder() . '/dashboard/javascript/Dashboard.js'));
   }

}

?>

The most important lines are:

static $url_segment = '';
static $url_priority = 41;

These basically tell Silverstripe that your new class has a higher priority than CMSMain. Please note though that url_priority can't exceed 49!

Doing this overrides the default behaviour of the CMS, but for me has caused a load of new isses, so I am now trying to extend CMSMain to fix them, I will post back when I get a result :)

Mo

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

28 September 2009 at 1:29am

Not sure if you have read this, but it has some handy snippets: http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=cmsmain