Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

HTML Insert removing ID from tags

Go to End

2 Posts   1880 Views

BunnergyBot

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 September 2009 at 6:59am

Edited: 08/09/2009 7:42am

For the most part I am working in Silverstripe using the admin interface but for more complicated stuff I am using DreamWeaver to create the code then simply copying and pasting in the code through the HTML editor.

The problem is the Insert function is stripping out code. It is turning <UL id="thepyramid"> into <UL> Tried wrapping a <span> around the UL and applying the ID there but it did the same thing. I tried it with a div and though the insert did not remove the id the code doesn't work the way it is intended and produces bizarre results ;)

I have attached the code and the jpg that it uses (use pyramidrollover2.html which works in both browsers - the system won't remove the first file from the post :/ ) .

When I copy the css code into the layout.css I adjust the image url reference to (../images/pyramid_with_menu.jpg)

If any gurus out there can tell me how to fix this I would be eternally grateful since I have to a couple of these types of things to do

I found the db and was able to enter the text directly however the rollovers are still not working.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Léa

Attached Files
BunnergyBot

Community Member, 4 Posts

8 September 2009 at 8:40am

Edited: 09/09/2009 3:36pm

The code is working in firefox - you can see it here: http://www.thesystem.ca/SilverStripe-v2.3.2/assessment-areas/

In EI 8 the rollovers are not working but you get the titles \o/ .. very helpful ;)

Attached is the modified code (really only one change to include the relative positioning for the overall ID)

It works outside if SilverStripe :/

Attached Files