Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Extend Authentication Rules

Go to End

4 Posts   2125 Views

aandrade

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 September 2009 at 11:28am

Hi all, I need to extend the authentication rules used by default in the CMS, so not just a user/password and status checking. I need to add some rules based on some other cirteria on things like account expiration date, etc...

Any ideas on what files need to be modified or created will help a lot.

Thanks

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

24 September 2009 at 5:41pm

Hi

Should be possible, although I never did this.
Have a look at the sapphire/security folder. There you'll find the MemberLoginForm and MemberAuthenticator which are the classes used to login a member.
The Security class is the Controller that's being called when you visit yoursite.com/Security/login. It gets the registered authenticators and displays their login form(s).

You can create your own LoginForm/Authenticator (or inherit from MemberLoginForm/MemberAuthenticator) and register it as default authenticator (see Authenticator::set_default_authenticator).
This should be doable without altering core files, so you can place all your code in the mysite/code directory (maybe in a subfolder named "security").

aandrade

Community Member, 2 Posts

25 September 2009 at 1:39pm

Thanks banal, makes sense I'll give it a crack.
cheers

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

1 October 2009 at 2:55am

I've just done this and documented it on my blog.