Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

Redirect Site Content

5 Posts   993 Views

Mo

Community Member, 514 Posts

26 September 2009 at 12:12pm

Hi All,

I am working on a simple dashboard module for Silverstripe, it is in a usable state (in my mind at least), however one thing is really bugging me.

I was wondering if it is possible to redirect the page that appears when you click "Site Content" on the left the the CMS to my new class? I
have tried adding :

Director::addRules(100, array(
   'admin/0' => 'Dashboard'
));

... To the _config.php file, but that doesn't work. Anyone know if I can do this?

Cheers,

Mo

banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

27 September 2009 at 4:26am

Hi Mo

I'm not really sure, but can't you just use the CMSMenu class for this purpose (cms/code/CMSMenu.php)?
What's probably useful for you is the static CMSMenu::replace_menu_item method. Using this method, you should be able to replace a menu item from your own _config.php file.

Mo

27 September 2009 at 5:19am

Hmm, CMSMenu seems only to control the top level nav, I am interested in redirecting the Site content link in the left nav though.

I think I might have to make use of LeftAndMain, it looks like that is where the link is defined... I am just trying to work out how :S

Mo

Mo

27 September 2009 at 6:10am

Actually, if I use CMSMenu, then I can add a Dashboard link to the top left, which would be better than using site content... It just opens up a whole new host of issues :s.

Mo

27 September 2009 at 1:04pm

Right, I feel like I am running around in circles now.

Basically, I want to change the default admin redirect, so that instead of /admin/ redirecting to:

/admin/cms

Instead it redirects to:

/admin/dashboard

Is this actually possible? I wouldn't have thought it would be to difficult, but I can't find anything documented about this anywhere :s