Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

overlapping <embed>ded video showing in CMS

Go to End

3 Posts   1602 Views

Crossbound

Community Member, 14 Posts

26 October 2009 at 4:55pm

Edited: 26/10/2009 4:56pm

I am building a website for my church and one of the goals is to embed videos from Blip.tv on the site. I was able to create a new Data Object and store all the information, including the html for embedding the video. Now in the CMS it will display the video in full size, covering up some of the other columns (see attached file), and adding new entries, or making changes to existing data becomes more difficult. Is there a way to just show the raw html in the CMS or is it possible to not show the column that would display the video?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files
zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

27 October 2009 at 4:33am

First guess - Make sure the wmode param on the embed is set to transparent. Flash by default tries to display on top of EVERYTHING but wmode=transparent will allow stuff to render on top of it. If that doesn't solve it, its something to do with z-index on the pop-up and/or embed. Looks like you're using DOM. you'll have to edit the CSS for it. If that doesn't fix the problem I suggest posting the DOM forum, UncleCheese may have a better idea

Crossbound

Community Member, 14 Posts

27 October 2009 at 1:07pm

Edited: 27/10/2009 1:08pm

ZenMonkey, the wmode="transparent" did the trick of not pushing the Flash over the pop-up editing window. Then I was able to edit the CSS to set the Column overflow attribute to hidden.. that hides most of the video and keeps the the other columns visible.. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!