Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Getting big data that make site slow response even when re-access to site by open another tab on same browser.

Go to End

2 Posts   1325 Views

phuongle2611

Community Member, 1 Post

23 July 2015 at 11:27am

Hi everyone,
I have site that deal with very big data. I made an API that return the big data and call that to the front-end by ajax get. When ajax calls the API, it will take 10 mins for data to return and the customer accept it. While they are waiting, they can open the same site from other tab to do other thing but re-access site is very slow until the previous ajax is finished. So is there anything I can do to avoid un-responsive while ajax big data.
Thanks very much.
Phuong

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

23 July 2015 at 10:52pm

This is more of an infrastructure issue. Your server is under-resourced. The best way to fix this would be to host the site separately from the api (put the api on a subdomain or something) and/or have the database on another server. That way one process running (presumably a very taxing query or something) won't slow down every other.
There are also cache tricks and things you can employ like APC, memcached, etc. There is also silverstripe's static cache, if it can be applicable in this case. Inof on these are on the docs.silverstripe.org site I believe.