Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem using template for DataObject as a page

Go to End

3 Posts   1279 Views

okotoker

Community Member, 50 Posts

7 April 2016 at 5:34am

So on 3.2.1 and before if I wanted to do this I would add the route create a "show" or similar function have it return the customise info and create the template and done I can now display my DataObject using getURLParameters().

If I try and do this in 3.3 I can't get the template to display. It just ignores it and uses the base page.ss template. If I downgrade to 3.2.1 and change nothing about my code it all works as expected.

I am assuming something changed along the way just not sure what.

Thanks for any help.

eightythree

Community Member, 12 Posts

17 April 2016 at 9:45pm

Hi okotoker,
could you provide some code? I've implemented same funcionality the other day and everything works fine. Maybe we could compare our code and try to find solution together, since it's hard to get any response here lately.

Cheers,
Darek.

okotoker

Community Member, 50 Posts

19 April 2016 at 11:00am

Edited: 19/04/2016 11:01am

I wasn't getting any traction here so I posted it to the general section http://www.silverstripe.org/community/forums/general-questions/show/111851

I appreciate the offer to help. I will take you up on that once I can get my current project off my plate and get back to sorting this out.