Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

DOM: Testimonials won't display

3 Posts   1592 Views

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

17 March 2010 at 8:33pm

Hi all,

I have quite a weird error occurring. I'm building a Testimonials page, and based my code mostly on the DataObjectManager documentation, as I am using DOM to achieve this.

On my local development server, everything works fine, but when I upload TestimonialPage.php to the live server, I get the following error when I click on any link that loads the HomePage.php template.

The following error appears for just a moment, then redirects:

Redirecting to /~graycon/... (output started on /home/graycon/public_html/mysite/code/TestimonialPage.php, line 1)

If I go to one of my pages with the TestimonialPage type, all I see on the screen is SiteTree in black on a white background.

The only thing I can think of, is the ~ in my URL (for the client's server until we propagate the domain) is causing an error.

Attached are the Testimonial, TestimonialPage and HomePage PHP pages. If someone could have a look and see if they can figure out what's causing this, I'd be very appreciative because I am stuck.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

17 March 2010 at 9:36pm

Looks like you have whitespace after the end of TestimonialPage.php. Remove the extra line, or better yet remove the closing ?> tag completely.

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

18 March 2010 at 7:11am

Hi Hamish,

I saw that too, removed the blank line (and also the closing PHP tag), and still get the same result.