Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

Structure assistance needed for basic data objects

4 Posts   871 Views

Erin

Community Member, 26 Posts

31 March 2010 at 2:22pm

Edited: 13/04/2010 4:44am

//Edit -- I guess there's no sense in asking for help unless I know what the question is.

Erin

12 April 2010 at 9:32am

Well, I guess that was too much to ask.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

13 April 2010 at 1:25am

Edited: 13/04/2010 1:25am

Asking a community to solve a portion of your project from the ground up usually is too much to ask. I know that "mushy brain" thing all too well. But sorry, I'll be the guy to say your request was more than a little lazy.

A better approach, both for the community and for your own learning is to give it a shot yourself, and then post specific questions and code for the rest of us to pluck through and guide you on. If you haven't already, check out this tute: http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=tutorial:5-dataobject-relationship-management.

Give it a go. I'll watch this thread and will lend a hand if you come back with some code.

Aaron

Erin

13 April 2010 at 4:47am

I understand what you're saying, but I wasn't asking for a ground-up solution. My brain was fried and there was something very basic about silverstripe classes that I couldn't remember and wasn't getting from the documentation or the tutorials.

At any rate, thanks for your gracious response.