Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Update a parameter of subclass of Page subclass

Go to End

3 Posts   1734 Views

zard

Community Member, 25 Posts

8 January 2011 at 6:48am

Edited: 08/01/2011 10:56am

Hi,
in my code I have a subclass of Page, and I am trying to update some of its additional parameters but unlike regular updates my changes do not take effect. They are visible in the admin console as unpublished versions, how can I just simply change some parameters?
I have overridden canEdit and canPublish to allow changes from any user (as that will be my intended use) but I am trying it out with admin anyway, the code looks similar to this:

$product->QuantityInStock -= 1;
$product->write();

I have also tried calling following:

$product->publish('Stage', 'Live');
$product->doPublish();

None of it actually publishes the page, it only produces unpublished versions which I can review in the admin console and can "roll back" to them but that is not really what I want as I would like to have a counter on the page which any user can update via special form and code.

Also, I only want to update the product object, it is not created anew.

I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks
Petr

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 January 2011 at 8:23pm

I believe you would need to call write() then publish().

$product->write();
$product->publish('Stage', 'Live');

zard

Community Member, 25 Posts

19 January 2011 at 12:45pm

Just to give people a reply if they find this post via google - I have tried multiple ways (staging and publishing etc.) but did not manage to make it work.

I have done alternative solution - I have created an extra object with has_one relationship on the page which is not versioned and I have created a setter and getter on the page so it behaves like internal parameter. I did not need the versioning for that param so it was viable solution for me.