Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Undelete page, or Version control after a delete

Go to End

7 Posts   3094 Views

johnmblack

Community Member, 62 Posts

19 April 2011 at 7:22am

I have been successful so far with the page history features of SilverStripe (2.4.5) and rollback, etc., as long as the page is still there -- but how do I roll back an accidental delete?

Someone accidentally deleted a page with over a 35 child pages. It's actually those child pages that I need. You can't access them from the left-nav, of course, because the parent isn't there.

p.s. if you search the forums for "roll back", even surrounded by quotes, you get over 2,000 results -- including pages with only "roll" or "back". There doesn't seem to be a way to do a phrase search. :-(

johnmblack

Community Member, 62 Posts

5 May 2011 at 3:54am

Any ideas?

I have to assign out the work to rewrite all these pages tomorrow. :-( Love to find a quick fix before then if possible.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

6 May 2011 at 7:36am

Did you try selecting 'All pages, including deleted' in the 'show' dropdown (top left of the cms) and restore from there?

dynamite

Community Member, 66 Posts

12 August 2011 at 2:26pm

Someone did the exact same thing here!

I can see all of them in "SiteTree_versions" -- can I try and cobble a query together to copy them back to "SiteTree" and/or "SiteTree_Live"?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

12 August 2011 at 10:34pm

It's possible but you really need to know what you're doing if you want perform the sql queries yourself!

Still - deleted pages should be visible/restorable once you select 'All pages including deleted' (or your language's equivalent) from the topleft dropdown in the CMS. Did you check that?

dynamite

Community Member, 66 Posts

13 August 2011 at 12:14am

Ah, I see them now. I thought I tried that last night, but I must have been looking in the wrong place.

Thanks a mint!

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

11 March 2013 at 3:49pm

What about in silverstripe 3.0
How do you undelete a page in silverstripe 3.0 ?