Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

Inject controller action into menu

2 Posts   751 Views

r0nn1ef

Community Member, 6 Posts

7 July 2011 at 2:19pm

I've been working with SS for awhile now, but for the life of me can not figure out how to inject a page controller action into the menu system.

For example, I have a TeamPage with the url of /team that shows photos and info of the officers and squads. I also want to use the same page for the individuals' photos. So the URL for that page would actually be /team/individuals. I can create the page controller action fine, but getting it in the menu and labeled "Individuals" is where I'm running into problems. I've tried a virtual page and redirector page, but they don't let me choose actions from an existing page.

Anyone have a place for me to start on this one?

Thanks in advance. :)

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1105 Posts

8 July 2011 at 4:41am

Assuming StaffMember to be the DataObject for individual persons, you need is a Link() function in StaffMember that creates a unique link based on the Link of the page it belongs to. You can then use that link in a <% control StaffMembers %> loop within your menu.

There's a nice tutorial on the subject here:

http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2010/dataobjects-as-pages-part-1-keeping-it-simple/