Hi guys, I am setting up a site for a kind of news roll with articles and I decided to go with Uncle Cheese's RemodelAdmin interface to manage it since the SiteTree clearly won't work for 5+ news pieces a day (thought tangent here: PLEASE PLEASE 3.0 come ASAP). I have 2-3 days to figure this one out - I'd really appreciate any help!
I will have several Category pages scattered around the SiteTree which will hold ArticlePages. I would like a way to set the parent in ReModelAdmin via a dropdown.
1. Can we add fields to ModelAdmin itself so or would I need to do the dropdown inside the ArticlePage? If there is a possibility, how do I access that field on creating a new object? Ideally, I'd like to set the parent in (Re)modelAdmin
2. How can I hide the current behavior tab - what's the name in the CMS, behavior, behaviour or do I need a _t function if someone's CMS profile is in Spanish?
3. Is it ok to override the ParentID dropdown in the behavior tab with a different one?
4. How do I filter SiteTree objects in a dropdown based on a user's permission (e.g. if you have Edit privileges, it will appear there)?
5. I didn't understand how to hide children from Category nodes in the Sitetree from Uncle Cheese's RemodelAdmin article. Can you explain that again? Is there a way to filter the tree request to database, not hiding the pages on the front-end via CMS? (e.g. I have children pages on subsites that I want to show in the tree, but not the parent which is uneditable).