Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Data Object FullTextSearchable limited to certain page types

Go to End

3 Posts   1143 Views

slimjim002

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 February 2012 at 10:37pm

Hi,

Im currently developing a website on a local server for my company and have put in products as DataObjects after following the tutorial of DataObjects as pages part 2 on the SS bits website. This works absolutely fine but I also want to be able to have a product search on the website and realise that searcheable DataObjects is a bit awkward, however after following another tutorial I have also got this working to a degree.

I can search for products on the live version of the site, but only when im on certain page types i.e home, contact us etc. If I am on a product category or product information page (which are DataObject page types) and enter a search term then I get a page cannot be found message. Im sure it is something simple but im only a beginner in php so any advice would be appreciated.

Let me know if you want me to supply code.

Thanks

James

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

23 February 2012 at 6:00am

Hi James.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you with a solution, but at least I think I know where the problem lies: the Search form is provided by a method of the Page class and its subtypes. Your DataObject-as-Page has not got this method, so it can not generate the form. I don’t know if simply copying the code from the Page class to your DataObject class will suffice, though.

Hope it helps,
Juan

slimjim002

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 February 2012 at 10:38pm

Hi Juan,

I have just tried that and your right, it hasn't made any difference. I will keep looking into it to see if there is another way around.
Thanks for your help.

James