Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

SS 2.4 can't fetch data with 'get_one' where filter -> unknown column

5 Posts   799 Views

BlackHawk

Community Member, 7 Posts

31 August 2012 at 3:07am

Hi @ all,

I am wondering why I can not fetch data from the database with using DataObject::get_one.
I am trying something like this:

$code = 'BE_0007';
$val = DataObject::get_one('Profession', 'Profession_ID = "'.$code.'"');

I get this Error:

Couldn't run query: SELECT "Profession"."ClassName", "Profession"."Created", "Profession"."LastEdited", "Profession"."Profession_ID", "Profession"."Title", "Profession"."Description", "Profession"."ID", CASE WHEN "Profession"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "Profession"."ClassName" ELSE 'Profession' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "Profession" WHERE (Profession_ID = "BE_0007") LIMIT 1 Unknown column 'BE_0007' in 'where clause'

When I am trying to fetch the data with DataObject::get_by_id, I don't have a problem to get it.

$id= 7;
$val = DataObject::get_by_id('Profession', $id);

Anybody out there who knows what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1106 Posts

1 September 2012 at 11:14pm

The error probably results from the use of double quotes: Profession_ID = "BE_0007" marks BE_0007 as the name of a column. Try using single quotes, as in:

$val = DataObject::get_one('Profession', "Profession_ID = '$code'");

BlackHawk

4 September 2012 at 3:56am

Mmmh, thanks for your help. Unfortunately it did not help.
When I am doing this, I am getting the next error:

[User Error] Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'fortemplate' does not exist on 'Profession'

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1106 Posts

4 September 2012 at 4:14am

Ok, but that doesn't necessarily mean the DataObject::get function is not working. First of all - shouldn't you be filtering on ID instead of on Profession_ID? I'm finding it a bit strange the Profession object itself should have a Profession_ID field...

But anyway - based on just this snippet of the error and no further code it's hard to say what's going on...

BlackHawk

4 September 2012 at 4:25am

Hey thank's for your reply.
The reason why I have a column 'Profession_ID' is, I need to have this ID humanreadable.

Right now I was able to fix it. With your help and the hint with the quotes.

Greetz.