Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

Using Dataobject in Sapphire Framework

5 Posts   555 Views

johannes

Community Member, 20 Posts

20 October 2012 at 1:27am

For a new project I tried the standalone Sapphire framework. I got it up and running, but have no idea how to use the Dataobject apart from the CMS.
All I want to do is saving a simple data set to the database. Therefor I created an Databobject, but when I try to create a new object in the controller, I end up with the error "Class not found".

Can someone give me a hint, or is the a beginners guide for the framework.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

24 October 2012 at 8:26pm

DataObject is part of the framework. You can create objects using $obj = new NameofYourObject();

You won't be able to create Page dataobjects (that's part of the CMS)

johannes

24 October 2012 at 11:06pm

Didn't work for me. I tried to initialize a new DataObject in my controller with $my_object = new MyDataObject(); but just end up with the error "Fatal error: Class 'MyDataObjectt' not found..."

Do I have to build, load the DataObject somewhere?

The DataObject is pretty basic stuff, just contains some DB fields:

class MyDataObject extends DataObject {

static $db = array(
'ID' => 'Int'
// other stuff
);
}

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

25 October 2012 at 9:08pm

Is your new DataObject class being picked up by the manifest? If you run a dev/build you should see it listed (as well as in your database).

johannes

25 October 2012 at 10:00pm

Actually it wasn't, thanks for pointing it out!

I kind of messed up the routes.yml, so the build didn't work for me >.< To be honest I don't really understand this file so far, it's more like try and error. But I guess it will get easier with the time.

Sapphire is great fun to work with.