Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions

ViewersGroup is obsolete , how to check permissions now ?

3 Posts   1297 Views

Fuzz10

17 January 2009 at 2:18am Community Member, 787 Posts

According to the upgrade notes for 2.3 on this page : http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=upgrading:2.3.0&s=viewersgroup , the Page->ViewersGroup and Page->EditorsGroup have been changed to a many_many relation..

This breaks some functionality in one of our sites and I don't know how to properly make it work in SS 2.3 ...

What I need is a list of all the pages that have a specific "viewersgroup" permission set. In the old situation , I could just do a $GroupPage = DataObject::get_one("Page", "ViewersGroup = '$Group->ID'", "Sort", ""); to get the results.

From 2.3 on , the ViewersGroup DB column is obsolete and replaced by a many-many relation. So basically , I need to do a reverse lookup on these values but I can't figure out how to do it.

Anyone has the answer ?

dio5

5 September 2009 at 10:58pm Community Member, 501 Posts

And, how did you solve it?

Running into the same issue on an old site :) - current solution I see is rewriting everything using JOINS, but perhaps you found an even easier solution?

cheerz

Fuzz10

7 September 2009 at 8:17pm Community Member, 787 Posts

I first get the group for the current user : Member->Groups()

Then , I loop through the pages and match their viewergroups against my user group .....

You can do a $page->getManyManyComponents('ViewerGroups') to get a list of all viewergroups for page..

I can probably dig up some code somewhere if you need it .....