Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

DataObject compare date

6 Posts   2714 Views

Megabyte

Community Member, 13 Posts

1 March 2009 at 5:17am

Hello,

I creating a event-list module. Now I want to show the next five events on every page. But I have a problem to filter only events in future. This way does not work:

function NextEvents($num=5) {
   $timestamp=time();
   $datetoday=date("Y-m-d",$timestamp);
$events = DataObject::get_one("eventholder");
return ($events) ? DataObject::get("event", "date > $datetoday", "", $num) : false;

How can I compare the event-date with the current date?

Megabyte

2 March 2009 at 3:02am

No idea??
The query works perfectly for all records. But how can I get only records with a date in future?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

2 March 2009 at 8:31am

Edited: 02/03/2009 8:31am

The where clause is MySQL. MySQL has a function CURDATE() that returns the current date, so you don't need to generate it yourself. Also, 'date' is a reserved sql word, so you'll need to escape it with backticks.

This should work (not tested - but refer to MySQL documentation for further info):

return ($events) ? DataObject::get("event", "`date` > CURDATE()", "", $num) : false;

Megabyte

2 March 2009 at 9:10am

Thanks for the answer, but it does not work. There is still the error "Couldn't run query [...] right syntax to use near '5 WHERE (`date` > CURDATE()) AND (`SiteTree_Live`.ClassName IN ('event')) GROUP' at line 1"

How does it work??

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

2 March 2009 at 10:22am

return ($events) ? DataObject::get("event", "`date` > CURDATE()", "", $num) : false;

should be changed to

return ($events) ? DataObject::get("event", "`date` > CURDATE()", "", "", $num) : false;

Megabyte

2 March 2009 at 10:51pm

THANKS!!!! It works great!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!