Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

HasManyComplexTable data extraction/manipulation

DigoART

Community Member, 13 Posts

6 July 2009 at 9:59pm

Hi All,

I ran into interesting problem, which I can't solve in a easy way, so thought someone could help me on that. (Well, I think the solution could be in interest for other members)

The situation is -
1. I've got a list of services which are extended from "Page" class and are used as a pages of services description on the website.
These have Many_many relation to Case studies:

static $belongs_many_many = array(
'CaseStudy' => 'CaseStudy'
);

2. I've got a Case studies list , which would include several Services out of all of services

static $many_many = array(
'Services' => 'Services'
);

$tablefield = new ManyManyComplexTableField(
             $this,
               'Services',
               'Services',
               array(
               'Title' => 'Title'
                ),
               'getCMSFields_forPopup'
            );
      $tablefield->setPermissions(array('print'));

$f->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Services", $tablefield);

Admin adds services as pages, and then can tick the checkbox for each CaseStudy , to indicate which services where used for the particular case study.

Now the problem to be solved:

On the case study page I need outputting ALL of the services , however those that are checked for that case study should have different highlighting color. I thought of approach where I' would select all services in one query, selected service in other query , run a one-by-one comparison, adding extra value, for those that should be highlighted. However , it looks to me that this could be somehow in a more "proper" datamodel approach, so if you have any ideas how to implement that in a proper way - would appreciate your help.