Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

PageView Table Gone in 2.3.2?

Go to End

7 Posts   2018 Views

Garrett

Community Member, 245 Posts

24 July 2009 at 10:00am

Hi,

I really need the PageView table sop that I can execute a "Most Popular" content query. I am running the latest stable release. Is there a way I can install this table, and its functionality, into this version?

Thanks,
Garrett

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 July 2009 at 2:53pm

Yes this functionality has been stripped out as it was causing massive performance overheads. I mean it saved every page view! and with sites having 20,000 a day we were getting crazy DB sizes.

I believe if you download the statistics module (unsupported code as of 2.3) you will get this 'feature' back.

If you are using google analytics then maybe you could instead hook into your information from there via their new API rather then saving all the data yourself

Garrett

28 July 2009 at 1:46am

Hi, thanks for your reply. I just couldn't find the statistics module because I didn't know what it was called! The site I am implementing in this case will not have enough hits to make this a big issue. I use the PageView table for a "Most Popular Posts" query....

//Garrett

UnrealMinds

Community Member, 8 Posts

28 July 2009 at 2:49am

for the module have a look at: http://www.silverstripe.org/statistics-module/

Garrett

28 July 2009 at 3:08am

Yeah I found it once I knew the name of it-- thanks a lot!

//Garrett

Garrett

29 September 2009 at 7:54am

Hello again @willr--

The statistics module did install the PageView table, but unfortunately there still seems to be no code to populate it. I've been developing for two months and there is still no data in it. Do you know how I can get this to work again in version 2.3.2?

Thanks again,
Garrett

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 September 2009 at 9:41am

Read the README file provided with the module. It has the instructions to install it / call the logging script. If you have added that and it still doesn't work then I have no clue. Haven't used the module.