Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

"extends Member" and only error's

3 Posts   2237 Views

UnrealMinds

Community Member, 8 Posts

27 July 2009 at 5:15am

Edited: 27/07/2009 5:18am

Hi there,

I have made this class (/mysite/code/userextras.php):

<?php
class Userextras extends Member {
   static $db = array(
    'Adress' => 'Text',
    'Age' => 'Text',
   );   
}
?>

but when I made a "/dev/build" I only get the following response at the browser:

Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

and via eMail the following error-message:

Error: Couldn't run query: SELECT `Member`.*, `Userextras`.*, `Member`.ID, if(`Member`.ClassName,`Member`.ClassName,'Member') AS RecordClassName FROM `Member` LEFT JOIN `Userextras` ON `Userextras`.ID = `Member`.ID WHERE (Member.ID = 1) ORDER BY Surname, FirstName LIMIT 1 Table 'test.userextras' doesn't exist
At line 400 in /sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php

Couldn't run query: SELECT `Member`.*, `Userextras`.*, `Member`.ID, if(`Member`.ClassName,`Member`.ClassName,'Member') AS RecordClassName FROM `Member` LEFT JOIN `Userextras` ON `Userextras`.ID = `Member`.ID WHERE (Member.ID = 1) ORDER BY Surname, FirstName LIMIT 1 Table 'test.userextras' doesn't exist
Line 400 of MySQLDatabase.php
MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: SELECT `Member`.*, `Userextras`.*, `Member`.ID, if(`Member`.ClassName,`Member`.ClassName,'Member') AS RecordClassName FROM `Member` LEFT JOIN `Userextras` ON `Userextras`.ID = `Member`.ID WHERE (Member.ID = 1) ORDER BY Surname, FirstName LIMIT 1 | Table 'test.userextras' doesn't exist,256)
Line 102 of MySQLDatabase.php
MySQLDatabase->query(SELECT `Member`.*, `Userextras`.*, `Member`.ID, if(`Member`.ClassName,`Member`.ClassName,'Member') AS RecordClassName FROM `Member` LEFT JOIN `Userextras` ON `Userextras`.ID = `Member`.ID WHERE (Member.ID = 1) ORDER BY Surname, FirstName LIMIT 1,256)
Line 120 of DB.php
DB::query(SELECT `Member`.*, `Userextras`.*, `Member`.ID, if(`Member`.ClassName,`Member`.ClassName,'Member') AS RecordClassName FROM `Member` LEFT JOIN `Userextras` ON `Userextras`.ID = `Member`.ID WHERE (Member.ID = 1) ORDER BY Surname, FirstName LIMIT 1)
Line 426 of SQLQuery.php
SQLQuery->execute()
Line 2524 of DataObject.php
DataObject->instance_get_one(Member.ID = 1,)
Line 2461 of DataObject.php
DataObject::get_one(Member,Member.ID = 1)
Line 422 of Member.php
Member::currentUser()
Line 104 of Permission.php
Permission::check(ADMIN)
Line 27 of DevelopmentAdmin.php
DevelopmentAdmin->init()
Line 113 of Controller.php
Controller->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 277 of Director.php
Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session)
Line 121 of Director.php
Director::direct(/dev/build)
Line 118 of main.php

The Database wasn't build. Do I make other extends for example to a DataObject, everything works fine.

I don't know what to do by now? - Can anybody help?
I am using SilverStripe at version 2.3.2 and the DailyBuilds at a Mac with ZendServer 4.0.4.

I am working through the german SilverStripe-book and was now blocked at side 212 with this error.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

27 July 2009 at 4:51pm

try change your $db to

static $db = array(
'Adress' => 'Text',
'Age' => 'Text'
);

Then rerun dev/build.

Note that when editing member object sometimes rather then subclassing them (by using extends Member) decorating them with a DataObjectDecorator is a better solution

UnrealMinds

Community Member, 8 Posts

27 July 2009 at 9:17pm

Edited: 27/07/2009 9:18pm

thanx willr - the part with extending the Member-class doesn't work, but with a DataObjectDecorator it works, for the first part. ;-)

Now I have in "/mysite/code/Developer.php":

class Developer extends DataObjectDecorator {
   function extraStatics() {
    return array(
    'db' => array(
    'Introduction' => 'Text',
    'Region' => 'Varchar(200)'
    ),
    'has_many' => array(
    'References' => 'Reference'
    ),
    'many_many' => array(
    'Skills' => 'Skill'
    )
    );
   }
}

and have extended the "mysite/_config.php" with the following line:

Object::add_extension('Member', 'Developer');

After run "/dev/build" I got no errors. But in the book the next step wil be to make a new extending ModelAdmin as showing here:

class CommunityAdmin extends ModelAdmin {
   public static $managed_models = array(
    'Developer',
    'Reference',
    'Skill',
   );
   static $url_segment = 'community';
}

And now I get via eMail the following error-message:

Error: Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'getdefaultsearchcontext' does not exist on 'Developer'
At line 515 in /sapphire/core/Object.php